Air Conditioner Repair Services in Clearwater, FL
FAST of Florida Delivers Dependable Air Conditioner Repairs
FAST of Florida is the trusted authority on air conditioner repairs and replacements in Clearwater, FL and the surrounding areas. Since 1972, we have been “Growing by Giving Great Service.” The motto by which we live has allowed us to keep our neighbors cool and comfortable during the oppressive Florida heat for nearly half a century. Our family-oriented company employs local technicians with a commitment to providing our neighbors with the highest-quality service in the area. Not only can we perform expert repairs or replace your air conditioner, but we will give you all of the knowledge you need following an inspection to determine an appropriate course of action. We gain your trust through our careful, thoughtful approach to air conditioning maintenance. Give us a call when you first notice something may be amiss. We will gladly visit your home to perform an air conditioner inspection promptly.
Recognizing Signs You Need an Air Conditioning Inspection
Keeping your air conditioner well-maintained could save you from major headaches in the future. Air conditioning is one of life’s luxuries that is often taken for granted. Escaping the sweltering heat into a nice, cool home becomes such the norm that many people fail to consider their comfort relies on the efficiency of their air conditioning system. To avoid running into problems in the months ahead, call FAST of Florida and request an air conditioner inspection. AC inspections should be performed when:
- The seasons change – Following a long, hot Clearwater, FL summer, have your AC inspected. It is best to catch any issues or receive an air conditioner tune-up before the temperatures start to rise again.
- The AC system short-cycles – Your air conditioner may have mechanical issues if it turns on and off more than three times per hour.
- Your AC fails to maintain consistent temperatures – If you need to lower the thermostat frequently, call FAST of Florida for an AC inspection.
- Your AC knocks or groans – If you hear unusual sounds coming from your system, call us so we can determine if you need minor or major repairs. Do not wait until the issue worsens.
- Your air conditioner produces smoke – A smoking AC is never a good sign. If you notice a mist or cloud from your air conditioner, turn it off and call us for an AC inspection immediately.
Understanding Whether to Repair or Replace Your AC System
There is a fine line between needing air conditioner repairs and needing to replace the AC altogether. Our team of technicians at FAST of Florida will help you make an informed decision. Minor repairs can save you money in the short-term, but they may add up and end up costing you more if they are merely part of a more significant, degenerative issue. Consider the following factors when deciding your course of action:
- Air conditioner system age – Air conditioners are made to last, but they are not invincible. If your AC system is more than 10 years old, it is time to consider replacing it with a newer, more efficient model. FAST of Florida can even perform the air conditioner installation if you go this route. We specialize in installing central air conditioning systems, as well as mini-split air conditioner systems.
- Frequency of repairs – Minor AC repairs over time are to be expected. But if your air conditioner needs frequent repairs, it is worthwhile to think about replacing it. Most systems will function well with routine air conditioner maintenance. Do not waste cash on frequent repairs. You will save money by purchasing a new AC sooner than later.
- AC efficiency – If a routine air conditioner tune-up does not improve efficiency and your utility bills seem to be consistently higher than the month before, opt for a new model.
What to Expect During an Air Conditioner Inspection
Before determining whether you need your air conditioner repaired, replaced, or simply tuned up, allow one of FAST of Florida’s technicians to visit your home in the Clearwater, FL area and perform an inspection. Among the items on our checklist are:
- Cleaning evaporator and condenser coils
- Testing and adjusting refrigerant levels
- Inspecting the thermostat
- Lubricating moving parts
- Testing electrical components
- Checking system control for accuracy
- Testing the blower component and airflow
FAST of Florida’s Air Conditioner Maintenance Service Plans
In most cases, a simple air conditioner tune-up is all your system will need to restore proper function. Routine preventative maintenance measures that FAST of Florida will take as part of our air conditioner service plans in Clearwater, FL include:
- Replacing worn belts or pulleys before they break
- Removing and cleaning dirty coils
- Fixing loose electrical connections
- Cleaning fan blades
- Removing clogs from drain lines or drain pans
We Offer Reliable Air Conditioner Repair Services in Florida
At FAST of Florida, we recognize what a hassle it can be to suffer through a scorching summer day with a broken air conditioner. We do not want you to suffer, so we offer same-day service every day of the week. Call us immediately if your air conditioner stops working. We will use our state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment to quickly assess the situation and determine the type of repairs you need. Our professionally-trained technicians can repair any of your AC’s malfunctioning parts, such as:
- Air handlers
- Evaporator coils
- Broken belts
- Refrigerant leaks
- Corroded wires
- Faulty fans
Call FAST of Florida for Trustworthy Air Conditioning Services
If your air conditioner needs to be repaired or replaced, it is probably already hot and humid outside. Do not let the mercury rise to unbearable levels inside your home in St. Petersburg, Clearwater, Tampa, or the surrounding areas. Contact FAST of Florida immediately for same-day service. Our professional technicians will quickly address your problems and take action to remedy the situation. Call us today so we can help you beat the heat.